Do you know how to recognize gum disease? If not, that’s OK! Our dentist, Dr. Gustavo Ruiz with Periodontal and Implant Esthetics in Tampa, Florida, is highly skilled at conquering this condition and happy to help you understand how to recognize it. The first thing to do when it comes to an understanding this disease is to learn how to identify it, so you can get it treated as soon as possible.
To help you understand how to diagnose the signs of gum disease, our team has provided you with this detailed information:
– Gum disease often takes into account several aspects of your oral health. If you have gum disease, it may arise by making your teeth movable and extra loose. If you notice your teeth are out of position, it could be linked to gum disease.
– Painful chewing or the presence of pus or sores in your mouth is a known sign of gum disease.
– Gum disease can lead to tooth recession, which is a condition in which your gums pull back away from your teeth exposing more surface area of a tooth.
– If you are frequently suffering from bad breath, it could be linked to infections with your gums such as gum disease.
– If your gums continue to bleed while gently brushing, flossing or eating, it could be connected to an oral health condition such as gum disease.
These symptoms of gum disease can help you identify this condition, which could save your teeth and oral health from oral health damage. If you have questions about your oral health or would like to be treated for gum disease, please call us today at 813-289-3640 to make an appointment. Our skilled team is happy to assist you and your oral health in any way we can.